Friday, September 2, 2011

Illinois. (Sep 2)

Packed-up in the dark this morning when I saw two lightening flashes. I wasn't too interested in packing in the rain. On the road at 6am, but only a few sprinkles. I had a good route planned toward Rockford, IL but I was put off on a detour. Worked out ok. After the detour I was able to take some county roads which were direct, smooth and less traveled. Nice in the morning but warm in the afternoon and evening. Still very warm now at 8:15. Right now I'm camped off of Rt 20 about 25 miles west of Rockford. Not shuch a great spot next to some noisy mill, but it will have to do. What I saw of Wisconsin was very nice, still lots and lots of corn. I'll scoot around south of the city tomorrow and then head for somewhere west of Gary, IN. I should be traveling directly east by sometime on Sunday. I hope to camp tomorrow and grab a hotel on Sunday.

Miles today: 104
Trip miles: 2272

Joe

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment