Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Wet in Ohio (Sep 7)

Rain last night. My tent didn't leak from the top, but water seemed to seep in from the floor. My sleeping bag and the tent were a little water logged when I loaded them on the bike. I finished Rt 20 about 20 miles east of Norwalk where I picked up Rt 303 and took it all the way to Hudson, OH. I went through some very interesting towns on 303. The road surface was good and the traffic fairly light most of the time. I passed about 20 miles south of Cleveland, the same north of Akron and right through Brunswick. It was wet most of the day but the winds were substantially lower than yesterday, which is a good tradeoff for me. Wasted 12 miles when I got 6 miles away from a Dunkin Donuts in Brunswick before realizing that I left my iPod recharging there and had to go back and get it. My hip feels ok, better on the bike than walking. Stayed in a hotel tonight to dry some of my stuff out. I should be out of Ohio tomorrow. Still not sure how to get across Pennsylvania, especially with all of the flooding.

Miles today: 94
Trip miles: 2792
Google miles direct to Salem: 570

Joe

Sent from my iPad

From the first week (L to R: Tom, Dean, Steve and Sam)

No comments:

Post a Comment