Sunday, September 4, 2011

Indiana (Sep 4)

My tent stayed pretty dry last night, which was a relief. Bought a dozen donuts and coffee at the Dunkin Donuts shop at Walmart and then hit the road. I passed onto Indiana at about 10am. About 35 miles into the ride I came to Valparaiso (the other one) and then I worked up north about 10 miles and took Rt 6 east for the rest of the day. Over the stretch from St Charles to Valparaiso, 80 miles at least, I must have gone through 75 stop lights and had to stop at about 25 of them. That's basically the kind of riding it was through there. Not fun, but direct. Route 6 is much better. I'm back on a very rural road with not much traffic and it's going directly east. Very flat riding and I hope it stays this way all the way to NY or PA. Not sure yet what road comes next. My iPad battery has been running a little low and so I'm using it as little as possible. Nice weather today. Cool in the evening for a change.

By the way, I should caution anyone reading this nonsense not to try that ice cream trick I spoke of yesterday: that's just for us professionals.

Miles today: 127
Trip miles: 2529

Joe

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment